SYLLABUS MAN 5522
3 CREDIT UNITS
This course introduces descriptive and normative ethical principles and their application to individual behavior and business environment. This course is designed to discuss various factors that affect managerial decision making involving ethical issues. Understanding ethical principles or norms provides insights to socially acceptable behavior and conduct.
After completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Explore the wisdom way of life in the world globalized system so that it could underlay student’s attitude of tolerance, respectful, lovely, and humble, and hence, he/she will not be easily taking misconduct (inappropriate) acts and has strong intuition to conduct ethical (appropriate)
- Improve ethical and moral knowledge related to business ethics and profession,
- Identify ethical and moral issues in business, as well as to identify ethical and moral standards,
- Apply ethical consciousness in decision making and meaningful actions to develop surrounding society and
- Velasquez, M.G. (2014). Business Ethics: Concepts and Cases, 7th Edition. Prentice Hall.(V). 2.
ADDITIONAL READING MATERIALS
Additional materials will be distributed during the sessions.
This method is a particular type of learning methods under the student-centered learning (SCL) paradigm. In this approach, students are active learners to find and construct their own knowledge. The instructor serves only as a facilitator to help students achieve learning objectives and develop interpersonal skills. The class time will be devoted to discuss any concepts, materials, and or issues in the subject.
- Mid-term Exam (25%)
- Final Exam (25%)
- Presentation, Discussion, Participation (30%)
- Assignment/Quiz (20%)
The course Business Ethics weighs 3 credit units which is held in 14 sessions of lectures and 2 sessions of exams @ 150 minutes for regular class and 12 sessions of lectures and 2 sessions of exams @ 180 minutes for the executive class.
|1||Syllabus, class management, and Introduction to business ethics|
|2||Ethics and Business||V (Ch. 1)|
|3||Ethical principles in business||V (Ch. 2)|
|4||The Business System and Corporate Ethical||V (Ch. 3)|
|5||Ethics in the Marketplace||V (Ch. 4)|
|6||Ethics and the Environment||V (Ch. 5)|
|7||Ethics of Consumer, Production, Marketing||V (Ch. 6)|
|8||The Ethics of Job Discrimination||V (Ch. 7)|
|9||Ethics and the Employee||V 2012 : Ch. 8|
|10||Good Corporate Governance||Module|
|11||Corporate Social Responsibility||Module|